Friday, May 19, 2017

Fly on the Wall-May 2017

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 9 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.


Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:

Baking In A Tornado                  
Menopausal Mother                     http://www.menopausalmom.com/
Searching for Sanity                 http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com
Spatulas on Parade                    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/
A Little Piece of Peace                 http://little-piece-of-peace.blogspot.com
Never Ever Give Up Hope                   http://batteredhope.blogspot.com
Bookworm in the Kitchen                http://www.bookwormkitchen.com/  
Not That Sarah Michelle                  http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com


I officially closed my homeschool this month. I took Boo to the college and she is now going through their High School Equivalency Program. Let me tell you, it is such a relief to be finished with the stress. I don't have any regrets, but I was just burned out by it all. I don't know how people with more than two kids keep doing it year after year. They should be awarded a medal!

__________________________________________

I called our insurance company to find out how much our insurance will go up when we add Clone of Bob so that he can get his license. I was so angry that I called another company for a second quote and their number was even higher than our current company! The rate is going to more than triple!!!! It's not quite as much as my car payment, but it's not far from it either!

We were given the advice by two different agents to buy a cheap car and add it to the insurance with liability only. Supposedly, this would bring our rates down because Clone of Bob would be "attached" to the liability-only car. Now we're pulling our hair out scrimping and saving and trying to find a decent, cheap, used car. Clone of Bob is saving, too, which will help, but it's still a very frustrating process. 

One thing about it...I won't have to take him to work anymore. I've been doing it for months and it would be nice if I didn't have to do it anymore. 

__________________________________________

I've got a new project...I have not decided exactly what I am going to do with it yet. I'd seriously love to restore it, but everyone that I've shown it to thinks I should just clean it up and leave it be. 



I plan to gently clean it up and see what happens...I'll be sure to post an update once I'm done. A tutorial if I end up redoing it. 

__________________________________________

I learned not to read a book while also watching the TV show based on said book. I got kinda frustrated the other night when I saw an ad for "James Patterson's Zoo" on CBS. I started whining to DH that I hadn't even had a chance to read the book yet! He pointed out that the upcoming season wasn't even the first one. This was news to me. Honestly. 

So, the next morning I found the book on my library's electronic app and borrowed it. I got 135 pages into it and decided to see if the show was on the CBS All Access app since the book was turning out to be pretty interesting. When I found that it wasn't there, I was then on a quest to find the series. I found it on Netflix and I was so excited that I watched the first episode and I hadn't even finished the book!

Needless to say, the TV series starts way different from the book and decided that I needed to finish the darn book before I watched any more episodes and got thoroughly ticked off. 

Does it drive you bonkers when they make major changes to a book for the movie? I can't count the number of times I was ready to tear my hair out after watching a movie based on a book. 

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do with that trunk but I do hope you just clean it up and let it's age and natural beauty shine.
    We had 2 new drivers on our car insurance. It did go up but we got discounts for them having passed Driver's Ed and for them maintaining a certain GPA and for bundling our homeowner's insurance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No credit for Driver's Ed in North Carolina, which is a bunch of bull if you ask me! We just switched companies because they said that he can get his own policy in 6 months or so, whether he lives with us or not. Plus he'll get a 10% discount on his policy!

      Delete
  2. I remember when our son got his license. They really gouge you! And he drove like an old lady. Pffft.
    If I really like a book, I refuse to see the movie. It just makes me crazy when they change things. I can understand leaving some stuff out - they can't keep it all and have a normal length movie. But when they just randomly change things? AUGH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad part is that they made this into a TV series, so there's plenty of room and time to include everything. There was no reason to change anything IMO.

      Delete